Monday, September 1, 2014

Week 58 Delft Netherlands

Micha found this "WEED" growing in a neighbors yard

Scoren in mijn eigen buurt!
Translation
Scoring in my own neighborhood!

FuFu!! I ate it for the first time this week and it was the worst thing I have ever eaten in my entire life!!! I have heard about his african dish since I've been on my mission and I've avoided it until now! But it was a fun experience. I don't think I've ever prayed to hard in my life.

Fish and chips with the Den Haag elders.

Dear Friends and Family,

This last week was really great! Two of our investigators, Qian and Sarab, are home from vacation. We had a lesson with sarab while on exchanges this week, and she is super positive! She also says she just has the greatest feeling when we are over at her house. She's just awesome!

We also had a zone conference with the Rotterdam zone this week.  It was really good to be able to see so many of the rotterdam missionaries.  Elder knudson had just broken his foot, so he showed up in a cast. haha It was really fun to see him.  If you don't remember I served with him up in groningen.  But anyways the conference was awesome!  President Robinson did a cool little section on anti-mormon material.  He called it an imunization to anti! haha all he did was throw all of this anti material at us so next time an investigator tells us about some things they have heard about Mormons we will already have heard about it.  This really seems to be a huge problem in my mission.  Even a bunch of missionaries here have struggled with anti stuff that they have heard.  I really liked how president talked about it so much.  I Think it will help a lot of the missionaries here.

They are also starting a new Facebook campaign here.  They will be giving out free 'mijn familie' books through facebook.  Last time they did one of these campains we got like 600 referrals from facebook, so I am really excited to see how this one goes.

One other thing as well that happened this week was that micha brought us by some of his peppers.  He's like yeah I've been growing these in my garden and they aren't all that hot, so just throw one in your soup or something! ha so we cut one of these things in half, and we each ate one of the halves. It was the hottest thing I've ever eaten!!!! haha We got it on video so I'll show you it when I get back.

Things are really going great here in Delft.  I am really getting along with my companion, and the work here is just amazing! I love my mission and I'm so grateful for all dat yall do for me!

Groetjes,

Elder Hulet
 
About 8 months ago they started this big thing around the mission called a 2 sentence testimony.  They wanted us to teach members how to share stuff on Facebook, and then share a 2 sentence testimony with it.  It was really hard for me to share something super powerful in only a few sentences. But it is something that has helped me a lot on my mission. Sometimes we don't have the time to sit and tell a long story and stuff like that for our testimony. Especially with the Dutch people. they like you to be straight forward. So squeezing everything into one or two sentences is hard but now it is my favorite thing to do on the doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment