Monday, September 15, 2014

Week 60 Delft Netherlands





What it looks like outside of our apartment every night!

Ran into farley at the Elder Ballard conference!

Service with micha

Geliefde Familie en vrienden!    (Beloved Family and friends)

 
This last week was amazing!! First off, elder Ballard and 2 other general authorities came to visit the mission, so on Thursday we had a mission conference.  It was for sure the best conference I have had on my mission.  One thing that elder Ballard announced was that our mission will be getting ipads sometime hopefully in the near future.  He talked about us being responsible and all of that good stuff.  He was also just ripping on one of the other general authorities through his whole talk!! haha he was really funny, and it was just a powerful meeting.

After the conference, we had to stay in Zoetermeer to clean and set up for the stake conference that night.  We had two less active members show up! Broeder Monte and Tom! They both loved it!  So we pretty much just got to have an apostle blow our minds all day long.  It was Fantastic!

Saturday we had a whole day of service.  We helped a family paint in Den Haag, and then we came back and helped Michas friend Maaike in her garden.  It was so nice to be able to wear nikes and a Tshirt all day.  After we helped her, we headed to her house for dinner.  She is like a pro chef, and she lived in Italy for a while. So she made us real Italian pizza.  It was probably the best pizza I've ever eaten besides my dads of course!  But after we ate we agreed to have a pepper eating contest with Micha.  We all picked a huge razamataz pepper from maaikes garden and ate them at the same time.  It was the hottest thing I have ever eaten!! We got it on video so yall can see that when I get back.

Last night we were heading to an appointment with a referral, and we got to what we thought was the house.  Turns out he doesn't live there, and we just thought it was a fake address.  So we called him and he didn't answer.  So we decided to just look up a less active who lived on that street.  She let us right in, and we actually ended up teaching her roommate.  He took a book of Mormon, and invited us back!! So that was cool, but then when we left I noticed we had 2 missed calls from this referral kid, and he still wanted us to come over.  What happened was I just went to the wrong street! I looked at the map and was just like oh yeah I know where that is and I was one street off!! haha so my stupid mistake ended up turning into a surprise member present lesson. 

We taught this referral as well last night.  His name is Joshua, and he is from Africa.  He is probably one of the most golden investigators I have ever taught on my mission, so I'm pretty excited right now.  He is just so ready for the gospel!!

This week was an amazing week! I love my mission sa dern much! and we just heard as well that me and elder parr will be staying here for another transfer together!! Also none of the Den Haag missionaries are getting transferred either.  So that was just the cherry on the top of the cake for this week!

Love you all!

Elder Hulet

No comments:

Post a Comment