Monday, August 25, 2014

Week 57 Delft Netherlands


Goede Dag iedereen!

This week has been good! We spent a lot of time with Micha.  He invited us over like 5 times.  We did service for him, and he also gave us a guitar lesson.  That was super awesome, because it has been a long time since I have played the guitar.  He has been giving us a ton of plants and stuff lately too, so our back garden is looking pretty sweet!  On Friday broeder scherf, our ward mission leader, invited us and micha over for dinner.  Broeder Scherf is so awesome.  He is always helpin us missionaries out! Micha loved it too, and now they are really good friends.  They like trade plants and stuff with each other. haha I love the Dutch people and how obsessed they are with their gardening! 

We also met with broeder Monte this week, and made brownies with him.  That has become our new thing.  We just make brownies with less actives, and then they have no choice but to come back to church. It's great! 

On Saturday night I got a call from a member of the bishopric, and he asked me if I would give a talk in church the next day! ha I hate how people bail on their talks the night before! ha anyway the talk was on "het belang van de doop" or the importance of baptism.  Luckily it was only a 5 to 10 minute talk so it didn't take long to prepare.  I have always been super nervous when giving talks, but my mission has really helped me out with that.  I kind of enjoyed it actually! haha I know weird, but it was good!  I told a golf story in it too! haha I think I have done that in all of my talks I've given. 

Last night we stayed with the Den Haag elders, so we could play basketball with them this morning.  We found a court here with actual break away hoops! It was awesome, so that was our pday activity this morning. 

Hope you all have a great week!

Groetjes,

Elder Hulet

No comments:

Post a Comment