Monday, November 24, 2014

Week 70 Hengelo Netherlands


Us with Gagik Torosian. He loves taking pictures of us!

Our new tie knots we made on exchanges!

 Riding in a German train. We got our own little compartment thing to ourselves and some one came by selling drinks so we bought some and we felt like we were on the hogwarts express!!

Lieve Familie en vrienden,     (Dear Family and Friends)

 
We were really busy this week.  We had exchanges with the Enschede elders on Tuesday. That was a lot of fun, because we got to play basketball Tuesday night! It has been a long time since I have played basketball. They split us up into 3 teams, and they called our team "the Americans."  We destroyed them in the first game, but then they realized we are all short and they just took it to the basket every time. We couldn't stop them. All Dutch people are just so tall! But anyway it was a lot of fun.

Wednesday we had to travel to Leiden to spend the night, because Thursday we went to Belgium to get our drivers licenses.  It was so much fun! We bought some Belgium waffles, and some of the Belgium fries. They are so dang good!!  My comp used to be a skateboarder, and we saw some dude skateboarding in this big plein and he went up to talk to the guy, and the next thing we know he had switched shoes with the dude and was doing tricks on his skateboard! haha it was pretty cool.  We also both forgot our cameras so no pictures. I think I forgot my camera last time we went to Belgium as well. Sorry mom.  We will just have to go visit it someday again.

We taught familie torosian this week, and it is so difficult. They don't speak much Dutch at all, and also no English. So most of the time we are just reading out of the book of Mormon with them. They have a pretty sad life, so I think they love it when we come over. They also said to "doe de groetjes aan iederéén!" Or to tell you all that they say hello! I will send a picture of us with them. I don't know if I sent it last week but I will send it this week. Today we are all traveling to Zwolle to have the annual Turkey bowl! It's where we all get together and play American football! I'm super excited! I hope you all have a great thanksgiving week!

 
Love Elder Hulet

No comments:

Post a Comment