Monday, November 17, 2014

Week 69 Hengelo Netherlands

We did not receive a Blog e-mail this week so I will just put part of the letter Ryan sent to his mother.



So sorry there is no big email this week.  We have too many appointments today so our pday is only 2 hours, and we have to do shopping still too. The members here are super cool, and they invite us to everything! We are going to a bday party of zr daniels granddaughter today. And actually last night we had 2 dinner appointments so I almost died because they were both crazy good Indonesian food and it was so good! I ate a ton!

Thank you for the post card. I got it this week, and I love it! I miss those Utah leaves! But fall here is super cool as well.  So about the skating on canals. They like never do that because it never freezes anymore. But maybe this year it will freeze again. It is not too cold, so I'm staying nice and warm. As long as it's not raining it's pretty warm all the time. And yeah the hagelslag is just like sprinkles. We eat them a lot especially on the pancakes.  Do you remember those like dutch biscut things you sent me while I was in the MTC? Whenever a baby is born they eat those with butter and sprinkles on top.  If it's a boy they use blue sprinkles and if a girl then pink.  That's a pretty typical Dutch tradition. Turns out Dutch ovens aren't Dutch. I've been asking around my whole mission and no one knew what they were, but I finally found a member who knew and they said they are American.

I didn't realize how many famous artists are from the Netherlands until I got here. And I've been saying van gogh wrong my whole life! haha

So that referral I got to look up someone’s family here in Hengelo. ya well we looked her up and she didn't even open the door. She yelled from inside and asked who it was and I said elder Hulet and I was sent by zr van der putt to visit you, and she just said to go away. Super lame!

No comments:

Post a Comment