Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 66 Hengelo Netherlands


We Got transfer calls last night. Turns out elder Goates is leaving and I'm getting a Canadian kid! I think his name is elder Holt. Me and elder Goates have had a lot of fun so it will be sad to see him go. Also I have only been here for 3 weeks so I don't know the city at all yet. Plus we don't have the maps we need for our area so it will be difficult, but I'm excited for it too.

We have an investigator named Anja here in Hengelo. She is from Germany, but came to the Netherlands for school.  She has been meeting with the missionaries for like 5 years, and in that time she has read the book of Mormon 15 times, Jesus the Christ twice (in two different languages), and all of the standard works many times.  She knows more about the gospel than me! She is super cool, but just doesn't feel like she is ready for baptism. Her mom is also kind of against the idea of baptism I think. We will be teaching her tonight, so I am excited for that.

In other news it rained all friggin' week! So that was nice. While we were on exchanges elder Goates and elder Brown had a cool experience here in Hengelo.  They were looking a potential up and her daughter in law answered the door and asked what she needed to do to get baptized. haha we don't get that every day! She came to church yesterday, but got there late and left early. Her kids were just too crazy but she said she wants to come next week without the kids, so I hope she does. I still haven't even met her though, and now elder Goates is getting transferred so next lesson will be with all new faces.

Today we are going to visit this cool Jewish building thing, and then tonight we have a dinner appointment in Germany!!!! Haha I'm super excited for that! Well I hope you all have a great week!

Elder Hulet

No comments:

Post a Comment