Monday, October 13, 2014

Week 64 Hengelo Netherlands

We got haring with the district after District meeting. This is the guy cleaning
 them before we ate them, so they were nice and fresh!

Me eating the delicious Haring!!

Micha Dropping us off at the station

This past week had been great! Wednesday was our little transfer day, so we all met in Den Haag at the station.  It was sad saying goodbye to all of the Den Haag Missionaries, but I am super excited to work here with Elder Goates.  Me and him were in the MTC Together, and he was also in the Almere District with me, so We know each other pretty well.

Hengelo is in the middle of nowhere right on the border of Germany.  We actually have some members in Germany, and we will be going there for a family night next week. So I am super excited for that. Also the other elders in the ward are teaching a golfer, and he wants to take us all golfing next week with President Robinson!!! I am so dang excited! I Hope it all works out!

The ward here is great.  I got to introduce myself in sacrament meeting yesterday, and there was a total of 50 people in sacrament meeting. I counted.  The church is in an office building, so it was very crammed!

Over here on this side of the country they speak a dialect called Twents, and it is so hard to understand!! Most of the words are dutch, but they pronounce them so weird, and change some letters.  We went to ward council on Friday the members spoke the dialect, and I felt like a greeny again. 

We live in a nice little house with a back yard and shed and all that good stuff!  We each have our own study rooms, and it is super nice! It is such a nice change from our little one room apartment in Delft.

We have done service twice this week, and already had 3 Dinner appointments.  The ward here really loves, the missionaries, and I am so excited to be here in Hengelo. It is going to be an awesome experience! I can already tell.

 

Love Elder Hulet

No comments:

Post a Comment