Monday, June 2, 2014

Week 45 Groningen Netherlands

My Apartment

taking the sacrament to texy!


Me and elder Bishop

Me and my comps

We had a really good week this last week.  I got to go on exchanges with elder bishop from cedar city, so we just talked about cedar the whole time. It was a lot of fun, and he is a really great missionary. We also went on exchanges with the district leader this week and while I was with elder rudolph (who actually played football for SUU) we went to look up a referral of someone who ordered a dvd on facebook.  We had to travel for about an hour and a half to get there and long story short it was an excommunicated member. She used to be a man.... now she's a woman.  haha It was a really weird lesson.  She said she's come to church next week though! 

 
So on Friday elder Shelton had to travel down to Belgium, and he had to meet in Leiden at 9 and we live at the very top of the country so we got to travel down to Almere and stay the night there and then work there on Friday! IT was so awesome to go back and visit! We had an appointment set up with Farley and also brother Pontaphlet to feed us, and I was so excited but then we got a call from elder Shelton and they got back super early.  They traveled all the way down to Belgium to find out the place was closed so they came back and we exchanged back early.  I didn't get to see Farly or broeder Pontophlet, but it's okay.  I got to see Ivan and sister Herribrugh, so it was worth it.

 
Another cool thing that happened this week was we got a referral from a member!!!! I don't think that has happened yet on my mission. But anyway he is the boyfriend of a member and we have taught him a few times. He is from Egypt, so we teach him in English.  He loves the bible but he has a hard time accepting the book of Mormon.  He wants to read it though, and he's guna get baptized! It's gunna happen.

 
I'm really loving it here in Groningen.  We haven't had time to do a lot of door knocking lately because we stay pretty busy around here.  We had three service projects this week, and quite a few lessons.  I really love my mission, and it's weeks like this that make me grateful for my mission and everything I’ve learned out here.

 
Elder Hulet

No comments:

Post a Comment