Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 28 Almere Netherlands



So this week started out not so good! Appointments kept falling through and my bike had some pretty bad problems so I finally caved and took it to a bike shop.  A member family owns it and they had to replace a ton of stuff on my bike.  It was going to cost 110 euros but they gave me it for half price!  I was so dang grateful for that and now my bike runs like a dream! It was also a perfect opportunity to set up a dinner appointment with this family. haha so anyway they took us out to eat at this Greek restaurant and it was super good!  I will send a picture.

I am now serving in the Den Haag stake and they just got a new stake missionary plan.  They have created a new church website just for the Netherlands and they want to get every member a facebook page so they can all like the website.  They did a test run of this down in gent Belgium and I guess it turned into more than fifty referrals in a month.  It is super cool and I can't wait to get it going here.  They will also call a cyber missionary in every ward to get all of that stuff going.

So yesterday right before church started our investigator farley called us and said he wouldn't be coming to church.  We were pretty disappointed and then when we were sitting in the investigators class two Indonesian ladies walk in and sit down by the sisters.  I just assumed it was two of the sister’s investigators, but then after the meeting they came up to me and I realized I contacted this lady two weeks ago on the street and she came to church with her sister!!!  I have never had that happen before.  We invite probably hundreds of people every week to church and finally someone comes!  She loved church and then invited us and the sisters to attend her church service next Sunday so she will come with us to our church and then we will go to hers right after. I'm super excited for that!

So last night we had an appointment with farley and our ward mission leader broeder Kat.  We taught him about what will happen in the baptismal service and also about the priesthood.  We then gave him a priesthood blessing and it was one of the coolest experiences!  This guy is really prepared for the gospel!  He has a hard time making it to church every week but he has such great faith! 

 

Elder Hulet

No comments:

Post a Comment