Monday, February 10, 2014

Week 29 Almere Netherlands

Me and the sisters. A member made us spagetti and she made
 me wear this thing so I wouldn't spill on myself. haha The sisters
couldn't stop laughing at me so they made me take pictures...

Wearing basketball shorts during lunch. We do that all the time
while our slacks are in the dryer because of the rain. 

So this week was kind of weird.  We started it off on Tuesday with a lesson with a lady named Mariesai and turns out she doesn't speak English or Dutch. only lingala and swahili! haha so That was a super interesting lesson. Then on the way home from that a couple of kids got in a fight on the bus and one started beating the other one with his belt. haha I have seen the weirdest things on busses here. 

Then we had to travel to rijswijk to pick up my companions ID card thing and we ran into elder Key! One of my old companions. It was super random but it was fun to hang out with them for a little while. 

So on Saturday we had a ward volleyball activity thing and our investigator Farley wanted to go so he came and it was super fun!  We showed up during the youth volleyball hour so we could play some basketball before is started and me and elder Schmidt played against Broeder Van Vliet. He's the assistant ward mission leader and he's also 72 years old! haha But man he plays dirty!!  I forgot to take pictures, but I will remember next time.  Then when volleyball started I realized I'm not good at volleyball.... Like at all!!  I was probably the only one there who could actually jump and reach over the net because everyone else was super old!!  But Every time I hit the ball it would bounce off the opposite way. I really need to work on my volleyball skills!  But Farley had a lot of fun and he called us Sunday morning and told us he was to sore to come to church.  So the baptism date has to be pushed back again.  Also we were told at the start of church that we needed to teach Sunday school because the teacher couldn't make it.  Obviously the two Americans who don't speak Dutch are the perfect last minute choice to teach Sunday school! haha they do this all the time! It is so stressful!  We had to teach on the fall of Adam and eve.  It actually went alright thanks to the sisters who commented the whole time! So I don't know if I told you last week but Netty, some lady we invited to church on the street, showed up to church last week and then we set up an appointment with her this week.  We taught her and also her son levi.  It was super cool!  She came to church again yesterday and then after church she invited us to go to her church service!  That was a whole new experience for me.  I've never been to another church service before.  It was weird.  Most of the service was just read out of a little pamphlet thingy, and it was also in Indonesian so we couldn't understand a whole lot.  They pamphlet had Dutch translations though so we could just follow along.  The songs were really weird except for one of them was the tune of Jesus wants me for a sunbeam!! haha Also everyone in their church had amazing voices and sung super loud!  One guy was jammin out on the keyboard and two people on the guitar! I felt like I was in a concert It was super cool!!  It was a fun experience but I don't think we will be going back and turns out netty isn't too interested in our church.  She actually just wanted to see if she could use our church building. haha But her church is only once a month so she might come to ours the other weeks!  I really hope so!  All in all it was a good week!  Not a whole lot of teaching this week but some weird experiences.

 

Elder Hulet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment