Monday, February 17, 2014

Week 30 Almere Netherlands

 Random picture in Amsterdam

Me and my comp on our canal boat tour

My amazing American Style bacon burger!

So Transfer calls came last night and turns out I get to stay here in Almere with Elder Schmidt another transfer! I'm super excited! 

Not a lot went on this week.  We had zone conference on Wednesday and we were with the Rotterdam zone so It was so awesome to see all of my buddies from Rotterdam!  The conference was super good and it got me excited for the work.  I wish we could just have one of those every week.  Also the Hilversom elders had a baptism at our church this week so we invited farley to come and he loved it!!  After it was over he was like well I guess I'm up next! haha it was super cool but then he didn't show up to church the next day and he has been avoiding us.. He was super sick thought so I guess that's a good enough excuse.  Oh yeah and we were also asked to fill up the font for the baptism and they said it probably takes about 2 hours to fill but turns out it takes about half of a day so we were running buckets of water from the kitchen and the bathrooms for a while and the baptism service had to start a little late.  We felt super bad but now we know!  We invited farley again to volleyball on Saturday with the ward but we couldn't get a hold of him so we just decided not to go but then Broeder Van Vliet called us and made us come and it was super fun!  There were only 3 other people there so they needed us!  I kinda suck at volleyball but I still had a lot of fun!  Today we had a district pday and we traveled to Amsterdam.  We checked out the Anne Frank house and then took a boat canal tour.  It was so dang cool!  The anne frank thing was kinda boring but the canal tour was awesome!  We got on free because the driver was a member.  Another good thing about being a Mormon.  Then we went and ate a place called the burger barn.  It was the most American tasting burger I have had here!  I will try to send pictures later but it was super good!  Well It was a good week!  Oh yeah and they also through the Sunday school lesson on us again this week!  Broeder Kat our ward mission leader was really good about commenting though so it went great!  I love the ward here!  I'm so excited to stay for another transfer!

 

Elder Hulet

No comments:

Post a Comment