Monday, January 6, 2014

Week 24 Ommoord Netherlands / Transfered to Almere

Me on a water bus on the way back from district meeting!

Our mail boxes boarded up.

Shoes from the elementary school kids.  
Tell them thanks and I love them!!

Nieuwe Jaar!!

 

So first off,  I'M GETTING TRANSFERED!!  I'm going to Almere.  I've heard a lot of good things about that place so I'm pretty excited. I'm going to be finishing off training elder Schmidt.  So this last week was pretty crazy.  We were told to be indoors by 4:00 on New Years Eve because of the fireworks.  I was told that the fireworks are crazy here and they were insane!!!  I took some crazy videos but they are too big to send.  I really felt like I was in the middle of world war three!! Along with the sound of explosions were the sounds of sirens all night long.  I guess a ton of people lost hands and fingers. They boxed up every garbage can, mail box, and vending machine because I guess people try to blow them up. haha So I couldn't send letters for about a week.  We were on exchanges with the district leader on New Year ’s Day and we decided to do some contacting but no one was on the streets and no one would answer their doors.  Seriously I think the whole country was hung over from partying the night before.  So me and elder Stanley did some service and just cleaned up fireworks for most of the day.  A couple of kids shot some bottle rockets at us while we were doing it. haha but we actually had one cool conversation come from it.  So later that night we decided to go look up a less active member that lives super far away and when we got there no one answered.  We did a few bell ups while we were in the area and the second one we did was a cool guy from Africa and he let us in.  We then taught the first lesson and It was the most spiritual lesson that I have ever been in.  This guy is so cool!  I'm sad that we finally get someone who is interested and then I get transferred, but It's super cool that he wants to learn more about us.  Well I don't know my address yet but I will email it to yall next week.  Hope you all had a good new year.

 

Groetjes,

 

Elder Hulet 

No comments:

Post a Comment