Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Week 2 MTC

Welcomed Nate to the MTC 8-7-2013


My second week here at the MTC has been Awesome.  I love my whole district, my companion, and my teachers.  Elder Jaros lives in the same building as me so I get to hang out with him for a little bit every night.  It is so cool to see someone I know here.  He doesn't really like his companion so he tries to get away from him as much as possible and come and find me so that's pretty cool.  The language is going a lot better this week.  I can actually carry on conversations now! But they have to be about the gospel because that's all I really know how to talk about in Dutch.  We have three teachers now, so its like one teacher per companionship.  It's crazy but it really helps me learn.  I am definitely the worst at the language out of everyone in my district so it is really easy to get discouraged but I have only been here for two weeks so I guess I'm really not doing all that bad.  In my letter last week I talked about "magic Tuesday" haha well it was true what everyone was saying and I will try and send you the pictures we took together with our paper bags!   I love all of the devotionals we get to go to here! We haven't seen an apostle yet but I hear they come quite often so I hope I'll get to see one before I leave.  All of the speakers are awesome and I have felt the spirit in every single meeting.  That is my favorite part about the mtc by far.  Also, the food here is pretty good.  We have some type of burger for at least one meal every single day, and we also have fries every day.  Elder Neptune makes fun of me because I make myself fry sauce every time we go to eat. haha he isn't from Utah so he doesn't understand.  I played four square last week for the first time and it was awesome.  Janalee will be proud of me because I kicked butt! haha Just kidding I really didn't do that good... some of the kids who were playing with us said they were in four square leagues back home. haha they were like trying to put spin on the ball when they hit it and all this crazy stuff.  It made me laugh really hard.  They don't have any decaffeinated drinks here so I find myself drinking about a cactus cooler every day.  I introduced Elder Brown, a kid in my district, to them and he is obsessed!  I really miss music a lot, so we sing hymns at least ten times a day.  It's pretty cool.  That is one of my favorite parts of the devotionals too.  I love hearing thousands of missionaries singing called to serve.  It is seriously the greatest thing!!  So the other night we of course all went to bed on time... but we laid awake and talked for a couple of hours just telling cool stories.  A bunch of the guys in my district like to hunt so we all had cool stories to tell.  It was one of the best nights I had here! I love my district.  They are awesome.  I miss you all especially Oy! So feel free to write me.  I love letters.

 

Elder Hulet

1 comment: