Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Week 4 MTC





About the Pictures, the red headed kid was my favorite of the ones that left.  He was a golfer. and do you like the fort we made with our beds? haha we get pretty bored. Did you see the pic of all of us piled in the sweeds room singing?
 
Last week in my letter I said that an apostle was coming and it turned out to be Richard G Scott.  Mom and Dad I already told you about it so I will keep it short, but it was amazing!!!! He was so emotional the whole time.  He talked about prayer and he pretty much just taught from D&C 6, 8, and 9 I think.  It was the coolest experience of my life!!! and when the pray was over, everyone just say quietly in their seats and waited for him to get up and when He stood we all stood and waited for him to leave.  He is pretty old and slow so it took a while but when he was halfway out of the gym he stopped and turned around and yelled "BE GOOD" haha it was pretty awesome.  We got a letter today from The Netherlands and it was from the AP.  He said they just announced that they are going to create a new stake in the Netherlands!! They said be ready because they will put us to work when we get there! This new stake will be the fifth steak in our mission.  Soo cool! We get our travel plans this week!! It finally seems like it's here.  In two weeks from now I will be in the Netherlands! About half of our zone left this week.  The Sweeds and the Danes, and it is kind of a tradition here to sing in their rooms the night before they leave.  I will try and send you the videos.  It was so cool.  I love the music here, and we sing all the time.  We got to skype for trc this week and we talked to some Dutch natives.  It was pretty cool but it was hard to communicate over Dutch because we aren't that good at the language yet and it's harder to understand them when they talk through skype so there were plenty of awkward pauses. Haha it was kind of funny though.  So we have been doing what they call SYL in our class room.  That is where we are supposed to only speak in dutch, and yesterday our teachers challenges us to do it all day everyday from now on.  We lasted until dinner and we couldn't take it.  Haha so we failed but we will try again tomorrow.  So in my last letter I talked about Lieke our investigator.  She is an atheist so she was really hard to teach but she finally started keeping our challenges and she agreed to be baptized!!!!! Haha I know it's a fake investigator but it's so cool!! She really has felt the spirit in our lessons, and she is really into music so we played a song for her from the piano guys and we talked about how good music can invite the spirit and she was just overwhelmed with the spirit.  I love it here.  It's hard sometimes but it's totally worth it and I can't wait to be able to actually teach real investigators! 

No comments:

Post a Comment