Monday, January 5, 2015

Week 76 Hengelo Netherlands

1&2 Fireworks outside our house

1&2 Fireworks outside our house

Julio! ha He is a stud! I didn't have enough time to get a picture
with him because we had to catch a train.

This last week was a lot of fun.  We had to be in for new year’s eve at 4:00 because of all the fireworks.  A member brought us a bunch of food so we could have our own little feast at our house.  The fireworks were CRAZY!!! I will send some pictures but they don't do it justice.

Anyway... on Saturday we had a lesson with Meik.  He is the boyfriend of a member and we are teaching him.  He has no religious background, and we have already taught the first 2 lessons.  We decided to start over and take it slower for him because it is a lot of info for someone who doesn't even know anything about the bible.  The lesson went great! We had it at the Brandenburgs house and they had a lot of great input. Meik was also in church on Sunday. He is super cool. We are hoping to set a baptismal date next lesson.

Later that day me and elder Rasmusen headed up to Groningen for the baptism of Julio! I don't know if you guys remember but I taught him back when I was in Groningen, and he was waiting  to get baptized until his wife came back from Cape Verde (shout out to Elder Jarvis).  She is back now and we got permission from president to go because me and elder Rasmusen have both taught him.  A few of the members recognized me so that made me happy!! I was there like 8 months ago and only for one transfer, so it was so nice to be able to go back. 

Seeing a baptism from someone you know is the greatest experience on a mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment