Monday, April 7, 2014

Week 37 Almere Netherlands


This last week was a lot of fun! Wednesday I got a new companion Elder Fowkes.  He is in the same mtc group as me so I already knew him a little.  I am sure we will have an awesome transfer together.

 
So conference was so dang awesome!! Because of the time change here we had three sessions of conference yesterday so we had our studies then just hung out at the church all day long watching conference!!  I wish we could do that like every week.  So Saturday night one of the senior elders came up to me and told me this story about Jabari Parker. He knows I follow basketball so he thought I would be interested.  Anyway he showed me this article that he printed off the internet and it said that the NBA had worked out a deal with the church so that Parker could be drafted into the NBA and wherever he gets drafted is where he will be called on a mission. Then we read further and it talked about how they would have one night a year called Mormon night and they would give out free copies of the book of Mormon to everyone in the stadium, and a bunch of things like that! haha then Sunday when we were watching the priesthood session president Monson said a quote from Jabari Parker, so I was like so convinced that this was true! Then I found out Sunday night that it was a big April fools joke and I felt pretty dumb.. haha it was pretty funny though! The article sounded so convincing and then when pres Monson talked about him I just knew it was true!! haha but anyway it made for a good story! 

 
We didn't have much else going on this week.  We did a lot of finding, as usual, and we had one day of service at a handicap farm place that we have worked at before.  I love service so I hope we will get some more of it soon!

 
Elder Hulet

P.S.
So farley went to the temple this week!! I forgot to say that in the other email but he got to go for the ward temple day and he loved it! He's so dang cool! He makes a perty dern gud mormon!

No comments:

Post a Comment