Monday, December 16, 2013

Week 21 Ommoord Netherlands

 Elder Tjong-Ayong in a Zwarte Piet hat

My study desk with all of the christmas stuff mom sent me.  
You can see spongebob and patrick on the window behing it too.

Christmas Decorations from mom!

Christmas Decorations

Christmas tree with all of our presants and such

Letter I got that I´m pretty sure wasn´t for me...

Elder Price teaching the first lesson to 5 women on the street!!
 hahaha He´s a stud!

Kerst avond in Gouda

Cool christmas tree in gouda
 
Elder key sent this one to me of us with the bishop

First off. We watched the Christmas Devotional last Monday with the Teskes and it was freakin awesome!  I was sad that it wasn´t just apostles speaking but then the other talks were really good so I enjoyed it a lot.  We also went over to the teskes last night for dinner.  They invite us over all the time and I love it!  We will be spending the first day of Christmas with them too so that will be awesome.  

This week we had zone conference.  Elder Tiexera from the 70 came and it was super cool.  He did and awesome job at tearing us down and making us all feel like crappy missionaries... but then he finished up strong with some cool missionary stories that made us want to work!!  It was super cool.  He gave us some new contacting ideas that we tried and they work super well!  Our average day is just walking around and talking to people, but no one is ever interested, so his idea was to just walk up to people and practically shove a mormon.org card into their hand before they can say no and then to just tell them to look up the website and then we just say have a good day and walk away! haha it works alll the time!  Then we aren´t getting rejected all the time and we are getting more cards out to people.  It´s pretty cool and we made a district goal to contact 3000 people in these next three weeks!  and not just a contact but we have to extend an invitation in this contact to have it count! We have done pretty awesome so far but yesterday we didn´t get any because we were busy with other stuff.

Friday was the kerst avond in Gouda.  If you haven´t heard of this it is like the biggest Christmas thing in Europe.  People from all over came to it to see the uge christmas tree and stuff.  We showed up early with our whole zone and did some caroling.  While we were caroling we had a few people out in the crowd of people contacting them and talking to them about the Gospel!!! It was cool.  I contacted a guy and he wasn´t interested and he told me if he took a Book of Mormon it would be a sin because he wouldn´t read it! haha so I was like well just take it and put it up on your shelf and maybe someday you´ll want to read it. and then he was like well heres the thing.  If I take this book and put it on my shelf then I know I´m going to read it. haha so he took the book and our number and said he would call us. haha it was cool.  It was like a half hour conversation so I didn´t get to sing too much but it was the best contact I´ve had in a while so that was pretty cool.  

Another cool thing yesterday was the Baptism!  It was two of the sisters investigators and they asked Elder Tjong-Ayong to baptize them.  It was pretty awesome.  I´ll send some pictures.  All in all it was a good week, and I´m super excited for Christmas over here!

 

Elder Hulet

No comments:

Post a Comment