Monday, December 9, 2013

Week 20 Ommoord Netherlands

Playing Golf for the first time on my mission

Dhana

Three of  us at the beach just north of our apartment

This week was good.  We worked really hard and didn´t see anything come from it, as usual, but it was still a good week.  We lost our investigator Dhana because he moved back to indonesia but he took us golfing this week  before he went.  It was so much fun!! We chose the worst day to go because of the weather.  You actually have to have a license thingy over here to golf so when we showed up at the course they asked for it and of course we didn´t have one.  She was like well, there isn´t anyone even on the course today because of the weather so I guess you can go and play.  haha it was awesome.  It´s been a while since I have played so I didn´t play too great but it was a lot of fun.  When we got home we got a text from the district leader that we needed to stay inside the rest of the night because of the storm.  Haha it was that bad and we golfed in it!  Then on Wednesday we had an appointment with a guy clear up in Alphen aan den Rijn, which is about 2 hours of travel both ways, so we set this whole day aside to work in this little town.  We tried to look up some less actives and got nothing, then we went back to the station to catch the next bus to visit another less active and we missed it.  Another one didn´t come for another two hours!  So we went up to the mission office and took care of some legality stuff, and when we got back I realized I had lost my directions on how to get to erics house.  So I called him up and he freakin canceled the appointment on us!!  We set this whole day aside for this guy and then he cancels!  haha it felt like a waste of time, but then we ended up getting back in time to teach our neighbor ellen.  We showed her the restoration video and she loved it and she committed to read more and then come to the Christmas fireside on the 22nd.  It´s going to be a really cool thing so I hope she really comes!  Then at the end of the lesson elder Kettler prayed for her and she started crying!  It was super cool.  She is an awesome lady and I hope she will keep progressing.  I love my mission and I admit that I have gotten down on myself these last couple weeks, but It is moments like that which make everything else worth it!  We work hard every day and usually we have empty schedules, so we just knock doors or street contact all day.  We haven´t seen any success from this yet but if we keep working hard it will come.  Also a general authority is coming this week to our zone conference!  I´m super excited to meet him and have him teach us.  

 

Elder Hulet

No comments:

Post a Comment