Monday, November 18, 2013

Week 17 Ommoord Netherlands

Our wild fezant we treated ourselves to.

 Field hockey sticks we bought last pday

 Elder Tjong-Ayong looking like a samari!!

Cinamon bread I made this week.  
Not as good as dads but it was still super good!

The doner I ate in belgium.  It was about twice the size of my head.  
Probably the most delicious thing I've eaten in my life!!

The bike parking garage at the train station in Leiden.  
There are about a bagillion bikes there!

Sintaklaas in the centrum right outside our apartment

Chillin with Zwarte Piet

Sweet picture I took last night on splits with Elder Harvey

I had to give a freakin talk yesterday in church.  So last pday while we were shopping we got a call from broeder Teske and my comp answered it and when he got off he was like hey elder you've gotta give a talk next week on Vertrouw op de heer!  And I was freakin out!! I used every study time for the rest of the week just writing this talk because my dutch still isn't super good, and then Sunday morning on the way to church my comp leans over and tells me that when broeder Teske called he told him that it was up to us to decide which one of us would give the talk.  I wanted to punch him in the face!!! I can't believe he didn't tell me that!! So I made him teach the investigators class in church. haha but anyway I pretty much just read my talk right off the paper and I don't think anyone understood any of it, but it wasn't too bad.  

So sinterklaas came this week.  He's the dutch santa and he has a bunch of black slaves called zwarte piet.  It litterally means black pete. haha  I will try and send some pictures. 

Not much else happened this week.  We just did a bunch of finding and working with memebers and nonmembers and still nothing came from it but hopefully this week we will get a good solid investigator.  I had to go down to Belgium again this week to pick up my ID.  It was a fun trip.  We rode down in the big office van and I got to hang out with my old companion elder Neptune and a couple other elders from the MTC.  So  About one night a week we get together with the other rotterdam elders and go caroling in the park.  It is super fun and they can all sing super good so they cover up my voice nicely.  It is a lot of fun and hopefully we will do it a lot more when it gets closer to Christmas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment