Monday, October 28, 2013

Week 14 Ommoord Netherlands

 Temple conference.  THose are the Noord elders.  
We took and awkward crammed picture because we have been liveing
 in their super small appartment... we thought it was funny!

 Our Fron't door. A sweet picture we stole from the Rotterdam Noord elders
and a quote I took from dad's email!

Me and Dhana! He's wearing my other name tag!

This week was awesome!  So we got all of the problems with our house worked out.  Turns out the heat and electricity was just a blown fuse so we replaced that and then our neighbor came over one day and said she either found my blog or elder shoemaker told her that we were having problems. (she was telling me this in dutch so it was hard to fully understand) She then told us that she really didn't want us to move because we give a sense of calmness to the place and she said she prayed that we wouldn't have to move!! Then about five minutes later she shows up again at our door and hands us the phone and it is our landlord!! No one at the mission office could get in contact with her.  The water company couldn't reach her and neither could the real estate people, but our neighbor did!! How cool is that!! Our landlord was super cool and she kept telling us how sorry she was and she called the water company and it turned out to be a huge misunderstanding, so they got the water turned on that day! Pretty sweet!! We also had temple conference this week! That was really fun.  I'll try to send some pictures.  So on Saturday we met this guy Dhana at the church to teach him and he was actually elder keys investigator in his last area and he travels to rotterdam every week so we are going to teach him too.  He was supposed to meet some guy for a school project but the guy bailed so Dhana just hung out with us all day! He went tracting with us! haha he is a super cool guy! He's been investigating for a long time and he really knows the gospel.  

So yesterday in church the speaker called me up on the stand and made me hold a 20 kelo weight the entire time he talked!! He told me why I was holding it but I couldn't understand him because it was in dutch! haha and he kept looking over at me and saying stuff and I would just smile and laugh... haha I felt like a fool! haha but then he let elder key come up and help me hold it so it wasn't too bad.  All in all it was a pretty great week!

 

Elder Hulet

No comments:

Post a Comment